Crispy Mozzarella Bites with Honey Sriracha Mayo
Mozzarella Bites Ingredients
2 cups mozzarella pearls (Make small rounds of mozzarella cheese)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 ground black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1 1/2 cups fine breadcrumbs
Vegetable or other non-flavoured oil for deep frying
Honey Sriracha Mayo Dip Ingredients
5 tbsp mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp sriracha or any hot chilli sauce
1 tbsp honey
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer, or in a large, heavy based pan.
- Drain and dry the mozzarella pearls using some kitchen towels.
- Place the flour, salt, garlic salt, pepper and paprika in a bowl, mix together.
- Place the egg in another bowl and the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Coat the mozzarella pearls in the seasoned flour, then dip in the egg mixture (be sure to cover completely in egg), then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place the bread crumbed mozzarella pearls on a plate.
- Carefully place the mozzarella bites in the fryer and fry for around 60-90 seconds – until they’re lightly golden and the cheese is just starting to ooze out of one or two of them.
- Whilst the mozzarella bites are cooking, make the honey sriracha mayo, by mixing the dip ingredients together and spooning into a small serving dish.
- When the mozzarella bites are cooked, tip them into a bowl lined with kitchen towels to remove excess oil.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with the honey sriracha mayo.