INDIATOP NEWS

8 year old electrocuted at school

An 8-year-old boy belonging to a private school in Konankunte was electrocuted.

The victim identified as Akshay M, was the youngest son of Muniraju, a resident of JP Nagar 8th phase.

The incident happened around 10.30 am at the St Francis Convent School on Jyothi Bavana Road, Jambusavari Dinne. Akshay was climbing up a staircase to the first floor, holding on to an iron railing, when he sustained electric shock injuries and collapsed.

Other students ran helter-skelter after seeing Akshay writhing in pain. A few teachers, along with other school staff, immediately rushed Akshay to a nearby hospital. He was soon shifted to another hospital, where he was declared brought dead.

Muniraju, in his complaint to the Konanakunte police, alleged that it was the school authorities’ negligence that led to his son’s death. A live electric wire had snapped and fallen on to the iron railings of the staircase, and the entire staircase railing was live, as the victim held onto the railing for support he was electrocuted.

Akshay was in class two and had been promoted to class three this year, and, the school had just reopened for the new academic year. The Konanakunte police have registered an FIR against the school’s administrators, and are recording their statements to identify whose negligence caused the death of the child.

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker